Founded as an independent town in the 14th century by Emperor Charles IV, who gave it his name, Karlovy Vary had its hour of glory in the 19th century and during the Belle Époque. It was a meeting point for the most prominent aristocrats, artists and scientists, attracted by its mild climate, the wholesomeness of its springs and its rich social life.
Embanked in the small valley formed by the river Teplá, placed in a green setting by the surrounding forests, the town center has preserved a splendid architecture dating from its golden age: elegant colonnades connect various hot springs, majestic spas and luxurious hotels, among which the famous Grand Hotel Pupp, forming an extraordinary urban complex.
The tour will make you discover two establishments that contribute to the fame of the Karlovy Vary region: the crystal glassworks Moser, Czech Republic’s most famous, founded 150 years ago, it continues to distinguish itself through the quality and the originality of its creations; and the Becherovka factory, traditional Czech plant-based liquor, originally praised for its digestive properties...
• Tour availability: All year long.
• Meeting point with your private guide and your driver: in the lobby of your hotel or at any other previously set place.
• Duration: approximately 10h30
- the services of a vehicle with a driver and a professional English-speaking guide,
- the entrance to the Moser crystal glassworks (factory workshop + museum – subject to opening hours),
- the visit of the city center, its main colonnades and the Grand Hotel Pupp,
- the entrance to the museum of Jan Becher, creator of the Becherovka (subject to opening hours).
Please note that lunch is not included in the price. Your guide’s meal will also be at your expenses. Your guide will recommend a list of restaurants according to your expectations.
• Reservation required for this tour
Book the tour now using an online secure bank card payment.