Built in 1241 and several times altered in the course of centuries, the castle still belongs to the family of its founders, the counts of Šternberk, who were for a long time one of the wealthiest and greatest dynasties in Bohemia. A remarkable continuity seeing the eventful course of history...
During the tour you will discover the magnificent interiors of the castle, set up in Baroque style, particularly its huge stucco adorned “Knight’s Hall”, several small richly decorated rooms, period furniture, candelabra and other objects, beautiful collections of paintings, hunting trophies, copper engravings and miniatures dating from the 17th century...
The tour will also take you inside the South dungeon called « Hladomorna » (oubliettes), one of the most interesting remains of the art of fortifications in the late Gothic period, centerpiece of the ingenious protection system of the castle set in those days.
• Excursion available only:
- May through September (everyday except Mondays),
- In April and October: weekends and holidays only,
The castle is closed to the public in Winter time, November through March.
• Meeting point with your private guide and your driver: in the lobby of your hotel or at any other previously set place.
• Duration: 5h30
- the services of a vehicle with a driver and a professional English-speaking guide,
- the entrance ticket to the castle.
Please note that lunch is not included in the price. Your guide’s meal will also be at your expenses. Your guide will recommend a list of restaurants according to your expectations.
• Reservation required for this tour
Book the tour now using an online secure bank card payment.