At the beginning of the 17th century, the Lobkowicz family acquired the Nelahozeves castle, into which the countess Polyxena moved the famous family art collection, including works by Rubens and Véronèse.
The tour mainly aims at making you discover the amazing and luxurious way of life of the nobles in Bohemia during the Baroque period, the Lobkowicz family being among the most powerful and influential. You will enter their private lodgings, the dining hall, the rooms of the count and the countess, the music hall, the various lounges set up in a sophisticated Baroque style, and you will discover the private collections of paintings, manuscripts and precious books, weapons and hunting trophies, very much in vogue in the 17th and 18th centuries.
The village of Nelahozeves is also the birthplace of Antonin Dvořák: the visit is a good opportunity to discovering the life and work of a great composer of the 19th century, author of the famous New World Symphony. You can visit the house where he was born and in which his father also had an inn.
• Tour availability: All year long, except Mondays.
• Meeting point with your private guide and your driver: in the lobby of your hotel or at any other previously set place.
• Duration: 4h30
- the services of a vehicle with a driver and a professional English-speaking guide,
- the entrance ticket to the Nelahozeves castle,
- the entrance to the house of Antonín Dvořák (subject to opening hours),
• Reservation required for this tour
Book the tour now using an online secure bank card payment.