The district comprising the huge Wenceslas Square, the street Na Přikopě ("in the Ditch" in English) and the Republic Square with its famous Municipal House, presents an urban structure that is unique in Europe. We will help you discover its characteristic features while sensing the whole architectural dynamism of the period in which it was created and which was on its way towards modernity.
The large Art Nouveau hotels, with their elegant curves and exuberant ornamentation; the modern palaces of Jan Kotěra or Pavel Janák, disciples of Otto Wagner from Vienna; the unparalleled Cubist buildings, inspired by an architectural style unique in Europe; the plain and pure Functionalist structures, bathed in light... in the heart of the New Town, these avant-garde jewels are spread over the urban space and coexist with the flamboyant Baroque palaces from past centuries.
Take an exciting jump into the modern world thanks to this architecture-themed walk, full of contrasts and wonders, in the company of an art historian, specialized in the architecture of Prague.
• Tour availability: every day all year round, mornings or afternoons
• Meeting point with your private guide: in the lobby of your hotel or at any other previously set place.
• Duration: about 3h30
• Includes: a drink taken during a break in a café.
• Reservation required for this tour
Book the tour now using an online secure bank card payment.
Hotels and lodging
- Hotels and lodging
- Modern and Contemporary
- Boutique hotels
- Prague sightseeing
- Regular guided tours
- Private guided tours
- History trip - ride in a vintage car
- Prague city tour by minibus
- E-scooter and segway tours
- Prague by bike
- Night tours and degustations in Prague
- Prague river cruises
- Group excursions outside of Prague
- Private excursions outside of Prague
- Prague Card
- Spa & Wellness Services
- Activities for families with kids
- Games and entertainment in Prague
- Water activities in Prague
- Prague Minos Guide
- Prague iPad Guide
- Night life
- Concerts and performances
- Special menus and dinners
- Restaurants and pubs
- Cafés and tea houses
- Prague guide
- Prague and the Czech Republic
- Travel tips
- Events and culture in Prague
- Things to see in Prague
- Accessibility for people with restricted mobility
- News from Prague and the Czech Republic
- Christmas and New Year's Eve 2017/2018